Thursday, June 19, 2008

Random Updates

I just had a couple of things I wanted to post. First of all, Youtube User KingHeathen has posted a great video about the Georgia Aquarium that shows a lot of colorful sea creatures and such. You may remember my blog post about it a few weeks ago. One of the really cool things to notice is how the Beluga Whales and Otters swim by moving their bodies up and down, in contrast to fish which move their bodies from side to side. Could that be because whales are descended from land mammals?

; )

The History Channel is airing a program about How Life Began (click here for showtimes). I haven't watched it yet, but according to PZ Meyers the second hour is when all the good stuff begins. I will be sure and write something about it after I watch it.

No comments: