Saturday, May 9, 2009

Statistics and Biogenesis

Richard Carrier has authored a fascinating post on the origin of life and statistics.

Also, Robert Hazen wrote something ideal for this discussion.

My Book has a very lengthy discussion on these issues, exposing the fallacies of creationist calculations about the origin of life. Even if it was an improbable event, conservative estimates (which I cite in my book) show that over a million life-friendly planets exist in the universe, and of course each of these planets is freakin' huge and has hundreds of millions of years to produce one simple self-replicating system that can evolve into the first living cell.

Also, I've got some good news: The producer of the Infidel Guy show has got in touch with me, and I may make an appearance on the show. We've tentatively scheduled it for May 21st.

3 comments:

Arizona Atheist said...

Congratulations about your book and appearing on The Infidel Guy. I'm planning on getting a copy of your book once it hits Amazon.com

AIGBusted said...

Hey Arizona Atheist,

My book won't hit amazon.com . I haven't arranged for distribution and do not have an isbn. It is available on lulu.com though, and I don't see why it would be a problem to order it through them.

Arizona Atheist said...

Hi AIG. Well, that's good to know
: ) I'll get it from LuLu then. Thanks!