Friday, April 2, 2010

Magazines

I mostly post on books, but this time I thought I'd let loose and post about my favorite magazines:

Discover - My favorite science mag. I love it even more than Scientific American. $19.95/year through Amazon.

Skeptic - Michael Shermer's skeptical magazine which addresses everything from intelligent design to bigfoot and beyond. A very excellent magazine. $30/year.

Skeptical Inquirer - General debunking magazine, features everything from the shroud of turin to popular medical myths and ghosts. $35/year.

Free Inquiry - Excellent Freethought mag. $35/year.


And signing up for swagbucks is a good way to get the money for these mags. On swagbucks you just use the search engine a few times a day and you earn "swagbucks" which can be traded in for an amazon gift certificate, as well as a number of other prizes. I use it all the time and it has really helped out as far as allowing me to save up enough and then use the prizes to order books. Word. (lol).

No comments: